Monday, December 27, 2010

The end of a chapter, the beginning of a story

I though it'd be good to do a little updating on my blog.

A-levels went pretty normal. I do hope my hard work pays off somehow. Then again, I'm very sure that even if I were destined to face disappointment, I will not succumb to absolute dejection for I have already done what I could.

Prom was fun, but it kinda ended way too fast, way too soon. Took the pictures, had the laughs. In the end, you're just going to have to move on, for life has so much more to offer. Take pride in what you've done, be happy because you've been where you've been. I will always look back at these memories with delight and satisfaction.

Post-As is just totally overrated... or maybe not so if I hadn't been investing my efforts into crafting personal essays that ultimately might not even warrant me that dream university education. You have only yourself to blame for your prelim results.

Still, I toll, for I am tired of living life with regrets. I'll do what I can to sway fate in my favour (yes I'm pretty much a proponent of free-will).

Sometimes, I read about the lives of successful applicants to all the top schools. I feel inadequate, inferior. I find myself consumed by envy and despondence.

Have I not done anything meaningful in my time? Am I simply not there yet?

I refuse to believe that, thus in resolution I endeavour.
I just hope it isn't way too late.

Lastly, I would life to add a bit on how much I love my class. 2 years - I wouldn't have had it any other way. We might not keep in touch forever, but the memories I shall forever hold dear.

With that, I say bring it on, 2011.

YUB

p.s SHANGHAI, TW WOOHOOHOO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment