Thursday, September 17, 2009

when i was 4 i remembered, i used to give animated demonstrations of power ranger K-O moves in front of my parents.
egotism and shame were still mere potential, never an actuality.
when i was 12, my mum would scream at me in public, usually for trivial matters (walking too slowly to the bus-stop and what not) when it was that time of the month for her. i vaguely felt the rush of fluid to my cheeks, my temple, my ears.
oblivious to this phenomenon, i felt awkward nevertheless.

when i was 15 and my parents called 3 times a day while i was overseas with friends. i started to feel embarrassed though foolishness was knocking at my forehead all the while.

i just couldnt find the door.

gone were the days when i would swing like peter-pan with my friends at the play-ground.

taking off my shirt and parading half-naked after goals were nothing but mere existence chucked conveniently down memory lane.

10 years ago when i played with my cousins i would hide and they would seek
;now we would hide our feelings while we seek a non-compromising topic to gossip on.


gone were the days when innocence made me feel like the king of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment